Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wonderful, Stringy Mangoes

Lately, I've developed a craving for mangoes. But not the standard ones you usually get at your local supermarket, you know, the kind you cut into cubes and throw into a salad?

There's a vendor near my house who sells the most wonderfully sweet, fleshy, stringy mangoes. I can't get enough of  these saccharine goodness, I find excuses to go outside just so I can stop by this unassuming mango stand. I've even developed a method for eating them. Before, I would just sink my teeth into them like a savage beast but now, I've learned to pace myself. I slice both sides with a knife, eat those, then save the core to nibble on later. Genius!

What's your go-to summertime fruit?
(Picture via here)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS